While selecting the tubes for your process or plant, one major consideration, other than the size, is the material of the tubes. The most common options that business owners or plant managers rely on are:
1. Cold Drawn Carbon Steel Tube
2. Stainless Steel Tube
3. A tube in copper material
Many people get confused between cold-drawn carbon steel tubes and stainless steel tubes as they almost appear to be the same to anyone who is a novice on the subject of tubes. Our experts at Anand Seamless Tubes are here to help all those confused as we mention all the things you need to know about Carbon Steel Tube and Stainless Steel Tube.
Cold Drawn Carbon Steel Tubes
These tubes are manufactured by cold-drawing and cutting a bigger seamless carbon steel tubes. The cold-drawn carbon steel tubes possess the same properties of the bigger carbon tubes, i.e., Carbon and Iron. The alloy is similar to the Stainless Steel Tubing but the presence of Carbon is the alloy is higher when compared to the Stainless Steel Tubes.
Many people believe that carbon content only has positives but there are a few negatives as well. The increase in the content of carbon in a tube increases its strength and becomes more firm, but this also makes the tube become more brittle, making it difficult to weld.
Benefits of Cold-Drawn Carbon Steel Tube
- Endures High-Stress: The seamless tubes of carbon are highly durable and safe. It can endure shock, violent weather conditions, high-stress and pressure fluctuations. It is ideal for infrastructure development.
- Resistance Towards Termites: Termites and other pests can never survive in these seamless tubes.
- Cost-effective: Carbon Steel Tubing is highly cost-effective. This is due to its strength and capability to be made thinner. When you compare the carbon tubes with the other tubes of the same diameter, the carbon steel tubes can easily transfer bigger volumes of materials and components than the latter.
- Easily Manufactured: Carbon Steel Tubing is easily manufactured and is quite versatile in its shapes and sizes.
Application of Cold-Drawn Carbon Steel Tube
- In the process where transmission of natural gases or oil is required
- Chemical fertilizer equipment
Stainless Steel Tubes
Stainless Steel Tubes are easy to recognize as it has a chromium shine due to the chromium content in its alloy. This makes it quite impressive. The stainless tubes cannot corrode easily and are resistant towards rust and stain.
Benefits Of Stainless Steel Tubes
- Durable in both hot and cold temperatures: It is highly resistant to rust and extreme temperatures
- Easy To Maintain: They are strong and very easy to clean
- Easy To Cut and Weld
- Visually it is more attractive
Application Of Stainless Steel Tubes
- Power plants
- Gas lines
- Industries with strict hygiene requirements (hospitals, food industry)
Which One Should You Pick?
We have mentioned an array of industries where these seamless tubes are applicable. If you are still not sure on which one to pick from Carbon Steel Tube and Stainless Steel Tube, you can always rely on Anand Seamless Tubes to make the decision of choosing an ideal tube for your business or process. Call us now at +91-9099996851 or mail us at email@example.com in case of any questions or queries. We are always ready to help!
Applications of Cold-Drawn Tubes in the Automotive Industry
In the dynamic and ever-evolving landscape of the
Complete Guide to Cold-Drawn Seamless Tubes
In today’s industrial landscape, the demand
Carbon Steel Seamless Pipes in the Oil and Gas Industry
The oil and gas industry relies on a vast network
Applications of Mechanical Tubes in Different Industries
In today’s rapidly evolving industrial lands
Alloy Steel Tubes Vs. Carbon Steel Tubes: Know the Difference
When it comes to selecting the right material for